Cheshire East
Safeguarding Adults Board

How to report abuse

If you are worried about yourself or someone else phone us on:

  • 0300 123 5010 
    (8:30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 8:30 am to 4:30pm Friday)
  • 0300 123 5022
    (at all other times including bank holidays)

If you are in doubt about whether it is abuse or not - please call.

If you are at immediate risk of harm contact the emergency services by ringing 999.

If you have a hearing or speech impairment you can use the national telephone relay service, just dial 18001 before the number or 18000 in an emergency.

What will I be asked?

We will ask you for some information about;

  • yourself (unless you wish to remain anonymous)
  • the person you are concerned about
  • the alleged abuser
  • what you have seen or heard

We will let you know who needs to be told.

What will happen next?

  • We will respond to the matter as a high priority
  • We will share the information with relevant agencies who will ask the person who may be being abused what has happened and what action they want to take